Wednesday 21 September 2016

Writing a Diary 15 (I intend to)

There is an alternative, compound, way of saying what we are going to do in the future. This uses, as an auxiliary verb, the simple present-future of the verb mednes wish, will, want, intend (initial <m> mutates to <v> after the verbal particle <a>)
I wish, will, want, intend is me a vedn (SWFM my a vynn)
We can say    Rag pednboodh vy me a vedn debry tesen
For my birthday I will eat cake.
For my birthday I wish to eat cake.
For my birthday I want to eat cake.
For my birthday I intend to eat cake.
Similarly:    
me  a vedn eva… 
I will drink …
me a vedn kemeres…
I will take …
me a vedn receva…
I will receive …
me a vedn degemeres…
I will receive …
me a vedn fanja…
I will receive …
Òja pednbloodh vy me a vedn perna...
After my birthday I will buy…
Me a vedn spendya…
I will spend…

Here are some more verbs you might find useful:

me a vedn moas
I will go
me a vedn doas        
I will come
me a vedn gòrtos
I will stay, I will wait
me a vedn rei
I will give
me a vedn drei
I will bring
me a vedn gwary
I will play
me a vedn gweles
I will see
me a vedn mires ort
I will watch       
I will look at
me a vedn goslowes ort
I will listen to
me a vedn còska
I will sleep
me a vedn redya
I will read
me a vedn ponya
I will run
me a vedn kerdhes
I will walk

No comments:

Post a Comment