Tuesday 20 September 2016

Writing a Diary 14 (I will do)

In a diary we note what we have done and also what we plan to do. We have learnt how to say what we did using the compound preterite, with the verb to do/to make as an auxiliary verb together with the verbal noun you wish to use. Now we are going to do a similar thing for the future, using the simple present/future tense of to do/to make.
The verb to do/make is gwil          I will do is me a wra
We can say   
Rag pednbloodh[1] vy me a wra debry tesen
For my birthday I will eat cake.
literally: I will do eating cake.
Similarly:         
Rag pednbloodh vy :
me a wra eva…  
I will drink …
me a wra kemeres…
I will  take …
me a wra receva…
I will receive …
me a wra degemeres…
I will receive …
me a wra fanja…
I will receive …


Òja pednbloodh vy me a wra perna...
After my birthday I will buy …
Me a wra spendya…
I will spend …

Here are some more verbs you might find useful:
me a wra moas
I will go
me a wra doas
I will come
me a wra gòrtos        
I will stay
I will wait
me a wra rei
I will give
me a wra drei
I will bring
me a wra gwary         
I will play
me a wra gweles
I will see
me a wra mires ort
I will watch
I will look at
me a wra goslowes ort
I will listen to
me a wra còska
I will sleep
me a wra redya
I will read



[1] This may be written as one word or two words: pednbloodh or pedn bloodh. It can also mean anniversary (head/top/end of the year)

No comments:

Post a Comment