Friday 3 June 2016

Personal Likes and Dislikes 14 (object pronouns with love)

Using the active voice in the present-future tense for loving, etc. (see PLD 5), we can use true object pronouns:
Me a gar…  
I like/love…
But in the form above the <a> has caused a soft mutation of the verb <cara> to love. The presence of an object pronoun blocks that mutation.
Me a’th car.      
I love you. (familiar)
Me a’gas car.
I love you. (formal)
Me a’n car.
I love him. I love it.
Me a’s car.        
I love her. I love it.
Me a’s car.        
I love them.

The subject can be any personal pronoun, noun, name, etc.:
Hei a’m car.
She loves me.
Ev a’gan car.    
He loves us.
Jowan a’s car.
John loves them.
O hath a’m car.
My cat loves me.
Che a’s car.
You love her.
You love them.
Whei a’gan car.         
You love us.
Aga mebyon a’n car.
Their sons love it.
Agan flehes a’s car.
Our children love them.
                    
To summarise the pronouns:
Subject pronouns

Object pronouns (plus the verbal particle)

me, vy
I
a’m
me
che, ty
you, thou
a’th
you, thee
ev, va
he, it
a’n
him, it
hei
she, it
a’s
her, it
nei
we
a’gan
us
whei
you
a’gas
you
anjei
they
a’s
them

Instead of <cara> to love, we can substitute <casa> to hate, e.g.:
Me a’gas cas.                       I hate you.
Ev a’m cas.                           He hates me.
Nei a’s cas.                           We hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment