Tuesday 3 May 2016

Personal Activities10 (present tense shopping)

One activity we all do, whether we enjoy it or not, is shopping. You can make your own substitutions in the following sentences for items bought and sold and for prices paid. (SWF Middle Cornish “main” form shown in brackets.)
Da ew genam marhasna.  
(Da yw genev marhasna.)
I like (going) shopping (to market).
Nag ew da genam pernassa.
(Nyns yw da genev prenassa.)
I do not like (going) shopping (spending) .
Pandr’ero whei o cül?       
(Pyth erowgh hwi ow kul?)
What are you doing?

Thero vy o marhasna.
(Yth esov vy ow marhasna.)
I am going shopping.

Thero vy o pernassa war lin.
(Yth esov vy ow prenassa.)
I am shopping on line.

Thero vy o perna bara.      
(Yth esov vy ow prena bara.)
I am buying bread.

Ma odhom dhebm a gota nowedh.  
(Yma edhom dhymm a gota nowydh.)
I need a new coat.

Pegebmys pris ew an re ma?
(Pygemmys pris yw an re ma?)
How much are these?

Pe cost ew hedna?  
(Py kost yw henna?)
What does that cost?

Hebma ew deg pens.         
(Hemm yw deg peuns.)
This is £10.

An re na ew pajer ügens diner an tabm.  
(An re na yw peswar ugens diner an tamm.)
Those are 80p each.
Thew hebma re gostek.    
(Yth yw hemma re gostek.)
This is too expensive.
Ras ew an re na.                 
(A bris isel  yw an re na.)
Those are cheap.

Me a vedn pëa lebmyn.     
(Me a vynn pe lemmyn.)
I will pay now.


1 comment:

  1. I am delighted to come to such a wonderful blog. I am really very impressed to read from top to bottom. I read every single line and understand the essence of every single word. I appreciate all efforts.นาฬิกา ข้อ มือ ผู้ชาย

    ReplyDelete