Wednesday 15 August 2018

A Year of Late Cornish Day 226

This is practice reading for Cornish learners. Try to understand it before you lookat the translation. 

I haven't missed a day so far, since January 2nd but my daily blog seems difficult to find, so I am repeating it on this blog. For previous days click this link:

http://ayearoflatecornish.blogspot.com/

Dew Cansves Dedh Whegh warn Ügens

De Merher, pemdhegves mis Est.
Wednesday, 15th August.
Pandra dhe dhebry? Hedna ew an qwestyon. Na vadna vy debry kig na moy. Nag eus whans dhebm a gawas tra veth dhort bestas – na kig, na pesk, na cregyn, na keus, na leth, na oyow naneyl. Eus nekevys genam neb tra? Manen! Na wra vy debry manen war o bara scrawys na fella. Rag haunsel me a dhabras is gen “leth” amenut. Rag kidnyow me a gawas ejan fav gen lies losowen. Ha pandra warbydn coon? Me a drias füg-hos. (En Alys en Pow an Anethow ma Füg-Grobman.) Lebmyn ma bèrlosken dhebm. Na wrama tria hedna arta.

What to eat? That is the question. I will not eat meat any more. I don’t want to have anything from animals – neither meat, nor fish, nor shellfish, nor cheese, nor milk, nor eggs. Have I forgotten anything? I am no longer going to eat butter on my toast. For breakfast I ate cereal with almond “milk”. For lunch I had a bean burger with lots of vegetables. And what for supper? I tried mock duck. (In Alice in Wonderland there is a Mock Turtle.) Now I have indigestion. I won’t try that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment